Friday, June 22, 2012

a flashback to Monday...

From Olivia:

Today is Monday, June 18 2012, which marks the first full day of work camp! Woohoo!
This morning was an early one (for me, at least) and breakfast tasted very good after a near sleepless night on our pads. Today was also our first shower day, in which generous hosts offered over their houses so we could be clean throughout the week. I personally ended up at a house, which was home to a three year old, and after my shower I found myself being bombarded with toys and fake watermelon.

Afterwards, we briefly stopped back at the church to drop off our towels and such, then headed out to the real reason we drove three and a half hours out here; FIRM! When we arrived we were interrogated at the entrance to make us feel like we were crossing the border;  an experience that a lot of the refugees had to face. 

to be continued.... (something interesting must have been happening in the corner) 

No comments:

Post a Comment